5 Rules for Trick or Treating in Billings
Happy Halloween from your freaky friends here at the Hawk. If you're taking your kids out trick or treating tonight, here's a few suggestions.
1. You kid has to wear a costume. No costume = No candy.
2. Be Respectful. Say "Happy Halloween" or "Trick or Treat" when someone answers the door and say "thank you" after they give you candy.
3. Don't walk through someone's yard. Use the sidewalk.
4. Trick or Treating is for kids. If you're old enough to have children of your own, you're too old to trick or treat.
5. Try to hit up the rich neighborhoods. Here in Billings, your best for a big score will be in the southwest part of town. Start near the Yellowstone Country Club, make you way over to Augusta Ranch, then Copper Ridge, then roll through Mount Vista. By the time you finish in Falcon Ridge, your kid is gonna make out like a bandit. Rumor has it, there was one affluent family in Augusta Ranch handing out full candy bars last year.
Good luck. Here's hoping you have a safe and Happy Halloween.