A Rock n Rasslin’ Salute to “The Ultimate Warrior”
If you grew up in the 80's, you probably still remember the "Rock n Wrestling Connection" era that helped to make household names out of Hulk Hogan, the Macho Man and the Ultimate Warrior. For hard rock fans, few old school wrestlers were more exciting than the Warrior.
His signature look definitely borrowed from the Big Hair and Glam Metal inspired fashion of the day. And the heavy guitar riffs in his legendary ring entrance theme sent capacity crowds into a frenzy. After being estranged from the WWE for over a decade, The Warrior recently ended his long standing feud with Vince McMahon. Last week, the WWE named the Warrior as the first inductee into its Hall of Fame Class of 2014.
To celebrate his upcoming enshrinement, here's a list of the Top 5 Most Ridiculously Awesome Quotes from Ultimate Warrior Promos.
1. "Load the spaceship with the rocket fuel, load it with the Warriors. With the command of my voice, I raise the level of the Warriors to one that can’t be reproduced. Dig your claws into my organs, scratch into my tendons, bury your anchors into my bones, for the power of the Warrior will always prevaaaaaiiiiiilllll."
2. "Send the power of the Warrior down everybody’s throat in the WWF, until they become sick of it. Well you’re gonna get sick of it, because this freak of nature right here is just beginning to swell. And when I get big enough, brother, there aint gonna be room for anybody else but me and all the Warriors floatin’ through the veins and the power of the Warrioooooorrrrrrr!"
3. "I look up to the gods, and when you fall below the skeletons of the Warriors past, the power of the Warriors will become the eight wonder of the woooorrrrrldddd!"
4. "As you, Hulk Hogan, travel to WrestleMania, tear down the cock-pit door. Hulk Hogan, take the two pilots that have already made the sacrifice, assume the controls. Hulk Hogan, shove that control into a nose-dive, Hulk Hogan, and you will soon be close to parts unknown!"
5. "How must I prepare, you must ask yourself. Should I jump off the tallest building in the world? Should I lay on the lawn and let them run over me with lawn-mowers? Should I go to Africa and let them trample me with raging elephants? In my final meeting with the gods from the heavens above, they spoke to me and hit me with the power of the Ultimate Warrior. They told me: action stage left, action stage right. There is no place to run, all the fuses in the exit signs have burnt out."
Honorable Mention: "Full of the juice that carries the spaceship as far as it wants to go. Because when the moon is blood red, the heavens have opened up from above and the Warriors have spoken. You have got the power to make the skies rumble and the earth shake. In the sheets of the wind, then I will survive."
It's been 25 years since Jim Hellwig first summoned the "power of the Warriors". All these years later, I still have no idea what the hell he was talking about. Like the old saying goes, cocaine is a helluva drug. Rumor has it, Hellwig is even crazier now than he was back in the old days. Can't wait to see what he has in store for the WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in April.