Annual Flakesgiving Event in Billings is Scheduled; Volunteers and Donations are Needed
Flakesgiving has become an annual tradition for Mark and Paul. The 2015 event will be at MetraPark on Nov. 20 and 21.
Flakesgiving is an annual event The Breakfast Flakes created to help make a meaningful, positive impact in Billings for the holidays. Flakesgiving is not a food drive or a hot meal on location. It is much simpler than that. Therein lies the genius of Flakesgiving. It’s simple to understand, to help and to get help. There are no questions asked of those looking to get all of the ingredients to make a homemade Thanksgiving meal.
“This event is for anyone who could use a helping hand this holiday season,” The Flakes said in a joint statement. “If Flakesgiving makes it possible for your family to enjoy Thanksgiving, then we have accomplished our goal.”
Here’s how Flakesgiving works:
- Mark and Paul discuss on their show how the community may help by donating money for food or by volunteering.
- The Breakfast Flakes use all donations to buy enough food to feed 10,000 people annually.
- Volunteers convene at MetraPark on Friday at 10 a m to put assemble 1,500 food boxes. Each box feeds seven to 10 people.
- At 10 a.m. Saturday, volunteers show up, load and deliver boxes of food to families that have disabilities that prevent them from being able to pick them up. This service is extremely limited.
- Saturday at noon, those volunteers load the rest of the boxes of food into the vehicles of people that would like to have a Flakesgiving meal.
Starting Monday, Nov. 16, Mark and Paul will start taking requests for deliveries for meals. Deliveries are limited and are reserved only for the disabled or senior citizens that cannot drive.
Friday, Nov. 20: Meal assembly begins at 10 a.m. sharp. Volunteers will be needed for about two hours.
Saturday, Nov. 21: Deliveries begin at 10:15 a.m. sharp. Volunteers are needed to drive the deliveries to the disabled and senior citizens that cannot drive themselves.
Saturday, Nov. 21: Meals can be picked up at noon sharp. Anyone is welcome to a meal, no questions asked, but it is first come – first served.
There are three ways to donate. If you would like to donate money, mail a check to the address below, stop by the studio between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or call the Flakes Monday through Friday on the request line at 406-248-5665. Or, call our business line at 406-248-7827 M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Make Checks Payable to:
- Studio Address:
27 North 27th Street, 23rd Floor, (top of the Crown Plaza Hotel).
- Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 1276
Billings, Montana 59103