Just in time for 4/20, Classic Rock’s Best Stoner Anthems
For millions of stoners all over the world, April 20th is more than just Easter Sunday.
In honor of the annual Stoner Holiday, here's my completely unofficial list of the Greatest Stoner Anthems in Classic Rock History.
1. Steve Miller Band "The Joker" - He's a joker, a smoker and a midnight toker. Is it any wonder he also loves peaches. Mmmm, peaches.
2. Black Sabbath "Sweet Leaf" - You introduced me to my mind. Which Ozzy has subsequently lost, of course.
3. Tom Petty "You Don't Know How it Feels" - Let's get to the point, let's roll another joint and turn the radio on. Honorable mention to Petty's "Last Dance with Mary Jane".
4. Bob Dylan "Rainy Day Woman #12 and 35". - Everybody must get stoned.
5. Neil Young "Roll Another Number for the Road" - Though his feet aren't on the ground, Neil's been standing on the sound.
Honorable Mention: AC/DC "Rock and Roll Aint Noise Pollution" - Although this song isn't about weed, if you listen closely at the beginning of the song, you'll faintly hear Brian Johnson taking a hit from a spliff.