Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi Are Speaking Again
"Heck, congratulations on the new single, man," Sambora said via a Twitter video made with partner Orianthi. "God bless, good luck; hope you guys do great. Travel safe."
This broke a lengthy long-jam in which neither had reportedly spoken to one another. Sambora said he left Bon Jovi in 2013 to spend more time with his daughter. He had co-founded the band with Jon Bon Jovi in 1983. Bon Jovi has since issued a compilation album titled Burning Bridges, which featured some older material Sambora worked on.
The band released the title track from their first full-length project without him, titled This House Is Not For Sale, earlier this month. Sambora, meanwhile, is at work on an album with Orianthi, an Australian singer and guitarist, after the release of their 2013 single "Come Back As Me."
Orianthi also offered Bon Jovi "congratulations on your new single" in the Twitter video, before Sambora said goodbye while making a peace sign. "Big love, man," Sambora said. "Peace."
Jon Bon Jovi responded a few hours later, thanking the duo: "Look forward to hearing your record, too. All the best."
This House Is Not For Sale is due Oct. 16. Sambora hasn't ruled out a return to Bon Jovi. In the meantime, they've turned to former touring guitarist Philip "Phil X" Xenidis.
The Top 100 Rock Albums of the '80s
You Think You Know Bon Jovi?