Today is tax day. Of course you can always file for an extension if you are not ready. I ran across some interesting facts and surveys.
- Accountants are warning pet owners not to claim their dogs as dependents.
- Some exotic dancers try and claim their breast impants as business expenses.
- Some singers are writing off their "Voice" and "American Idol" auditions as a business expense. The reality show tryouts are being classified as either a 'business trip' or 'job interview'.
- According to a survey, 13% of people would rather spend the night in jail than prepare their taxes. And some more...
- 27% of people would rather get an IRS tattoo than pay taxes.
- 6% would rather sell a kidney than pay taxes.
- 11% would rather spend three years cleaning the bathrooms at Chipotle than pay taxes.
- The average person spends 30 minutes on hold when calling the IRS.