The Do’s and Don’ts of Facebook Etiquette
Facebook. What a wonderful social media! It keeps you up to date on everything that is happening with family, friends, work and other news that people think is important. Although I’m not an avid Facebooker, I am on there, and I’d would like to share a few do’s and dont’s of Facebook etiquette that I try to follow as a guideline.
- By all means, please post pictures of family and friends, vacations and events, as it is always fun to see.
- Feel free to share the exciting things in your life, like if you got engaged or you’re expecting (in an appropriate manner, posting your pregnancy test 30 seconds after you pee on it is a little on the gross side).
- You got a promotion or whatever “win” you have in your life. We love to hear about those things!
Now for the don’ts:
- Don’t throw out the F-bomb! Have respect that people of all ages can no doubt see your posts, especially if you have mutual friends.
- Don’t go into detail about the drama in your life. Let’s not air our dirty laundry for everyone to see. It is probably important to you, but does everyone care that so and so said something behind your back? It is really alright if some things stay private.
- Don’t complain about your boss, you never know when big brother is Facebooking.
- Don’t call your ex-boss every dirty name in the book, because your potential new boss may be on Facebook.
- Don’t get mad and take your ball like a kindergartner and go home and de-friend people, because they made you mad. After all, you liked them enough to friend them in the first place.
To wrap up my thoughts, Facebook is a wonderful way to keep in touch, let’s not abuse it!
What’s your Facebook pet peeve? Tell us in our poll!