The Greatest Quotes in Rock History
7 score and 10 years ago, Abraham Lincoln delivered his famous Gettysburg Address. To commemorate the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's classic speech touting "the proposition that all men are created equal" under a government "of the people, by the people and for the people", here are some of the best quotes in rock n roll history.
1. “Rock and roll is a nuclear blast of reality in a mundane world where no one is allowed to be magnificent.” - Kim Fowler, former Runaways Manager
2. “I’m not God but if I were God, ¾ of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer.” - Axl Rose
3. "Just because I cut the heads off dolls doesn’t mean I hate babies, I just hate dolls.” - Alice Cooper
4. “I’d rather be dead than cool.” - Kurt Cobain
5. “A kid once said to me “Do you get hangovers?” I said, “To get hangovers you have to stop drinking.” - Lemmy Kilmister from Motorhead
Honorable mention to Van Halen singer David Lee Roth, the Abraham Lincoln of rock quotes. Among Diamond Dave's most memorable lines: "“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass”, “I’m a family oriented guy; I’ve personally started four or five this year“, and “we’ve all got our self-destructive bad habits, the trick is to find four or five you personally like the best and just do those all the time”.
Thanks to the website clashmusic.com, who has their own list of classic rock quotes here.