The Craziest Questions You Asked the Turkey Hotline
I remember making my first turkey on my own and I left the giblets in the bird and another I did the bird upside down and when we went to cut into it, it was weird. Butterball has a turkey hotline that you can call with any of your turkey-cooking questions. The number is 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372). You can also email or text.
I may need this! After a few years you get it down but honestly only doing once a year really you can forget.
Here are some of the craziest questions the hotline has received:
- "How do I roast my turkey so it gets golden brown tan lines – in the shape of a turkey bikini?"
- "My turkey thawed on my lap … can I eat it?"
- "How do you carve a turkey when all of its bones have been broken?"
- "I carved my turkey with a chainsaw … is the chain grease going to affect my turkey?"
- "Why does my turkey have no breast meat?"
- "It’s my first Thanksgiving and I have a tiny apartment-sized oven … how much will my turkey expand when cooking?"
- "How do I get my turkey to stop sudsing? Is a soapy turkey recoverable?"
- "How do I baste a pre-basted turkey?"
The best part: A turkey professional answered each one of these questions. (Food Beast)