Motorhead Announce ‘Under Cover’ Compilation Featuring Previously Unreleased Version of David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’
Motörhead will collect some of their previously released cover songs, as well as one previously unreleased track, for a new compilation called Under Cöver.
In addition to songs originally made famous by Judas Priest, Ted Nugent and the Rolling Stones, Under Cöver -- which is due on Sept. 1 -- will include a previously unheard version of David Bowie's "Heroes" the band recorded in 2015, the same year Motörhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister died of cancer.
You can see the album's track listing, as well the songs' producers and original release years, below.
The 11-track compilation stretches back to 1992, for a cover of Nugent's "Cat Scratch Fever," and goes all the way up to 2015, with a version of the Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil" that was included on the band's album that year, Bad Magic, which was released four months before Lemmy's death. The cover of "Heroes" comes from the sessions for that final LP.
The record also includes covers of songs by Metallica ("Whiplash"), Ramones ("Rockaway Beach") and the Sex Pistols ("God Save the Queen") that the band recorded in the '00s.
Under Cöver will be available as a CD, on 180-gram vinyl, as a Super Deluxe box set (which includes the CD, vinyl and a VIP guest pass) and as a digital download.
Lemmy's first solo album may also be released sometime this year.
Motörhead, 'Under Cöver' Track listing
1. "Breaking the Law" (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2008
2. "God Save the Queen" (Produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet) 2000
3. "Heroes" (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2015
4. "Starstruck" (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2014
5. "Cat Scratch Fever" (Produced by Peter Solley) 1992
6. "Jumpin' Jack Flash" (Produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet) 2001
7. "Sympathy for the Devil" (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2015
8. "Hellraiser" (Produced by Billy Sherwood) 1992
9. "Rockaway Beach" (Mixed by Cameron Webb) 2002
10. "Shoot 'Em Down" (Produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet) 2001
11. "Whiplash" (Produced by Bruce Bouillet and Bob Kulick) 2005
30 Historic Moments from Lemmy's Life