Rock Stars Who Choked to Death on Their Own Vomit
Today, AC/DC fans are throwing up their horns for the late, great Bon Scott. The legendary singer passed away on this day 34 years ago after asphyxiating in a pool of his own vomit. Sadly, Scott wasn't the only rock icon to die in a puddle of puke.
Perhaps the most infamous incident came on September 18, 1970 when Jimi Hendrix choked to death after mixing alcohol and sleeping pills. Then, less than a year after Bon Scott died face down in the back seat of a limo, Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham met a similar fate after consuming an estimated 40 shots of vodka in one night.
Morale to the story: If you're going to party till you puke, try to pass out on your back and not your stomach. You're less likely to choke to death on your own vomit with your face up than with your face down.