Garage Sale Junkies: Here’s What Sells at Billings Biggest Garage Sale
There are a lot of people out there that live for garage sales. Saturday, June 25 is your day with Billings' Biggest Garage Sale at Metra's upper parking lot. It starts at 7 a.m. and runs until 3 p.m. and I can guarantee you people will be there at 6 a.m. waiting for that ultimate find.
It's not too early to prepare, folks. Here's what sells best at the annual BBGS:
- Kids’ stuff – Baby clothes and kids' apparel are expensive to buy and then quickly outgrow. An endless cycle. Parents looking for a deal will buy up cheap kids’ clothes. Toys and games will also sell well as long as they’re clean, in good condition, and aren’t missing pieces.
- Furniture – Couches, tables, and chairs sell well if the upholstery isn’t shredded. Even if there are small dings and dents, customers may be willing to buy good wooden furniture and refinish it themselves.
- Tools – Men often get dragged to garage sales by their significant others. Put out some tools in good working order, and watch the guys’ eyes light up.
- Electronics – Stereos, DVD players, and VCRs are a good bet to sell if they’re priced right. Make sure you provide an extension cord or batteries so shoppers can test any electronics out.
- Sporting goods – Items like tents and cookstoves are expensive retail. These items, in good condition, will bring plenty of interest.
- Large Appliances – Refrigerators, washing machines, and microwaves sell well. Be sure to have an extension cord available so prospective buyers can plug in and test out items. Even if your appliances aren’t working, there may be shoppers willing to buy your stuff and fix it up.
- Yard equipment – Lawnmowers, weed whackers, and other gardening implements will sell as long as they work.
- Clean linens – Bedding, like sheets, comforters, and pillowcases, are pricey in stores and will sell well if they’re clean and well priced.
- Regional items – Hunting stuff, skis, snowboards, and outerwear will fly out of your garage sale booth – even if it is 100 degrees outside the day of!
If you're ready to get your own booth reserved, sign up here:
Good luck and have fun preparing for the big sale. See ya Monday at 5 a.m.