Billings Police Department Names 2015 Annual Awards Recipients
The Billings Police Department on Tuesday announced the recipients of the 2015 Annual Awards, which are designed to acknowledge their hard work and dedication, according to Lt. Casey Hafner.
Employees vote on the recipients during a staff meeting and they are then notified by their individual supervisor, Hafner said.
Recipients of the 2015 Police Department Annual Awards are:
- Officer of the Year -- David Firebaugh, a BPD officer since 2011 and a K-9 handler since November 2014. He and his partner Kooko have accounted for 20 felony arrests and more than $776,000 in drug seizures.
- Supervisor of the Year -- Sgt. Justin Jagers who has worked for the BPD since 2003. He was promoted to sergeant in November 2012. He is a SWAT leader and is sniper qualified.
- Employee of the Year -- Evidence Technician Todd Morgan, an evidence technician since November 2013.
- Respect for Law -- Officer Glenn Gunther, an officer for nine years.
- American Legion National Law Enforcement Award -- Officer Marc Snider, a police officer since December 2009. He is an instructing member of the Alcohol Compliance Task Force