Highest Grossing Movie Set In Montana
Montana has been the setting for quite a few movies over the years. We all know of "Legends of The Fall" and "A River Runs Through It." According to Onlyinyourstate.com a number of other movies have been at least partially filmed in Big Sky Country, including:
- "Forrest Gump" - Forrest runs through a portion of our state.
- "Nebraska" - Significant scenes filmed on Montana Ave and downtown Billings.
- "Beethoven 2" - Park scenes filmed at Glacier National Park
- "What Dreams May Come" - some of Robin Williams's dream scenes were filmed in Glacier as well.
- "Broken Arrow" - A buddy of mine got to work on the set, filmed near Lewistown with John Travolta.
But I never would have guessed the highest-grossing film that had a portion of the movie set in Montana. Not actually filmed here, but set here. That title goes to... "Jurrasic Park"!
Yep. This comes from the folks at Work+Money. Remember the early scenes in the film, where the dino crew are digging for bones in the "Badlands of Montana, near Snakewater"? That scene was actually filmed in California. Jurrasic Park went on to earn $1 billion worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film that was set in Montana. Fun fact to impress your friends.