Scary Movies on Billings’ Big Screens
Our unseasonably warm October is about to switch to more realistic temps, with the forecast for the next ten days calling highs right around 60 and lows in the 30's, starting Sunday 10/11.
Blustery winds and chances of scattered showers could have us looking for indoor activities to enjoy. There are some pretty epic scary movies coming to various theaters around Billings this month and you've got a mix of classics and new releases to check out.
The Amusement Park Drive-In Theater. Updates on their Facebook page say they're showing two Halloween classics on their REALLY big screens this weekend. Located just off 1-90 at the East Laurel exit you can see 'Hocus Pocus' on screen 1 this weekend (10/9 - 10/10) and 'Pet Cemetery' will be on screen two. Gates open at 6:30 pm.
Babcock Theater. Catching a movie at the refurbished Babcock is always a treat and when it's a Halloween classic, it gets even better. The theater is rumored to be haunted, so... there's that. The Babcock is showing some awesome films in October, including:
- 'The Witches'. Showtimes on 10/14 & 10/15
- 'Ghostbusters'. Showtimes 10/16 to 10/22
- 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'. Showtimes 10/23 - 10/24
- 'Poltergeist'. Showtimes 10/28 - 10/31
AMC Shiloh 14. As the movie industry slowly gets back to production during the COVID-19 pandemic, there are finally some new movies hitting the silver screen. AMC Shiloh 14 is open and currently showing these thrillers:
- 'The New Mutants'. "An original horror thriller set in an isolated hospital where a group of young mutants is being held for psychiatric monitoring." Rated PG13.
- 'Unhinged'. Starring Russell Crowe is "a timely psychological thriller that explores the fragile balance of a society pushed to the edge." Sounds kind of like that Michael Douglas movie, 'Falling Down'.
Grab some popcorn and Milk Duds and enjoy the show!