Things to Keep Kids Busy During No School Days
Kids in Montana have no school today and tomorrow (10/17-10/18) for teacher PIR days. Naturally, the kids love having the extra days off. My 2nd grader tried to talk me into calling in sick today so we could spend the day goofing off, lol. If you are stuck figuring out what to do with the kiddos the next couple of days, here are a few ideas you can try to keep them occupied:
- Take them to the pumpkin patch. Halloween is less than two weeks away. Get your pumpkins!
- Go to the movies. Matinees are a more affordable option and a fun way to spend the afternoon. Kid friendly movies currently showing include Abominable, The Lion King and The Addams Family. Older kids might enjoy Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (opens Friday 10/18).
- Go to the Zoo. ZooMontana has new animals you probably haven't seen yet. With the cooler weather, most of the critters should be fairly active too.
- Clean their rooms. This one doesn't cost a dime and with four days off, kids have PLENTY of time to get their pigsty rooms cleaned up.
- Doctor Appointments. Lots of parents use No School days to schedule their kids dentist, eye doctor, etc.
- Get outside. Weather is not perfect, but it's going to get worse in the next couple of weeks, so it's a great time to get outside. Riverfront Park, the rims, Zimmerman Trail, you get the idea.
Wouldn't it be nice if adults got PIR days too?