Will You Take the Polar Plunge For Special Olympics Montana?
Next month, on December 5th, many people will be taking the Polar Plunge into the icy cold waters of Lake Elmo. Participation takes a little bit of bravery, but last year more that $24,000 was raised for Special Olympics Montana, 60 percent of which stayed right here in Yellowstone County, the other 40 percent going to the state.
The Polar Plunge is a Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR) event and your participation will be greatly appreciated. The funds go to Special Olympic event expenses for competitions right here in Montana. Things like travel, food, uniforms and equipment usage don't come cheap, so every dollar raised is a big help.
You're encouraged to get your business to participate as well. In previous years, businesses have held internal competitions to see which employee can raise the most money. Some send the person who raised the least money off to their frigid plunge, while others reserve this honor for the person with the most donations. Regardless of how you set it up, all money collected will go to benefit a great, local cause.
If your business decides to join the cause, shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org so I can give your group a shout out.