It’s Girl Scout Cookie Season in Montana
In Montana, we have hunting season, fishing season, and Girl Scout cookie season, and the cookie season officially kicked off today (2/5). Arriving at work this morning I was pleasantly surprised to see a gift of Girls Scout Cookies from Kristi Osterland, Marketing and Communications Manager for Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming, along with a flyer outlining the details of the program.
- Cookie pre-orders can be placed with a Girl Scout in-person now through February 21st.
- Cookies can be ordered online from a Girl Scout until April 18th.
- Cookies will be delivered in late March.
- Varieties include all of your favorites: Thin Mints, Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-si-dos, Trefoils, Lemon-Ups, Girl Scout S'mores and the gluten-free Toffee-tastic.
- All boxes are still just $4 (except the gluten-free Toffee-tastic, which is $5). Prices have remained the same since 2007.
- Every penny of profit from cookie sales stays with the local troops and council.
What if you don't know a Girl Scout, but would like to order? It's super easy. Just go to the Find Cookies page at www.gsmw.org and enter your zip code. You can then submit your information and a representative will contact you with further information on buying your annual stash of the delectable little treats.
Osterland told me that despite the challenges of COVID-19 during last season's cookie sale, the Girls Scouts of Montana and Wyoming still managed to hit their fundraising goals and anticipate another great year. She also mentioned there are no special "limited edition" varieties this year, although they are expecting one next year. FUN FACT: there are just TWO bakeries in the United States that bake all of the Girl Scout Cookies. Our region receives cookies from the Louisville factory.
KEEP READING: Get answers to 51 of the most frequently asked weather questions...