5 Benefits of Chiropractic Care
I am a big fan of chiropractic health. My first visit to a chiropractor was in the early 2000’s. I fell on ice at a friend’s Christmas party. I fell — hard — on the driveway.
At first, I was more embarrassed than hurt when a crew of guys came into the house and hollered, “Who was doing snow angels in the driveway?” Everybody laughed, including me, when I admitted it was me falling – not playing in the snow. I mean seriously, it looked like snow angels , not a crime scene.
However, the next morning I woke up sore and miserable. Overnight my body had turned into that of a 90-year-old woman.I called a friend and asked about her massage therapist. The friend gave me two numbers. One for a massage therapist; one for a chiropractor. I’ve kept both numbers on speed dial ever since.
Chiropractic care is becoming more and more popular as an option for pain treatment. Focusing on manipulation of the spine to correct vertebral subluxations, chiropractors work to correct spinal misalignments, relieving pain in the process. Much of this pain can be traced to subluxations, occurrences where put pressure on spinal nerves. Remedying these subluxations can help to relieve much discomfort.
This weekend at the Montana Health & Fitness Expo there will be chiropractors on site. This is your chance to ask a chiropractor about that chronic pain that bothers you or interrupts your days or your sleep.
Here are five reasons you may want to consider chiropractic care:
- Pain reduction – Correcting misalignments in the spine relieves pressure on nerves and can cut down on pain throughout the body. Chiropractic care is especially effective at treating lower back pain and headaches. I think of it as a garden hose; when the hose is kinked up, the water won’t run smoothly. When the hose is straightened, the water flows easily and consistently well.
- Improved range of motion – By lessening pain and increasing the flexibility and strength of muscles and joints, the body can move more easily and with a greater degree of motion. Ever had a kink in your neck? Having full range of motion is amazing if you have ever been without it.
- Improved immune system function – Studies have shown that people who receive regular chiropractic treatment suffer fewer colds with less severe symptoms. like to picture all of my body working easier and saving energy to fight off germs when it needs to!
- Avoid harmful drug side effects – Chiropractic care is natural, meaning you aren’t ingesting chemicals. Not only does that decrease the likelihood you’ll overdose yourself, it helps you avoid dependence on drugs. It also spares you some of the nasty side effects of taking medication, like nausea. Ever listened to those disclaimers for over the counter drugs? Scary!
- Enhanced quality of life – Chiropractic care helps decrease pain, which means you can do more of what you want without suffering. And when you can do more of what you want, the better your life becomes.
Editor’s Note: Adella Sutton is not a medical professional. She is an avid reader, Googler, magazine subscriber, blog-devouring, Pinterest-loving collector of information. This article is an amalgamation of information gleaned from those sources. Much of it is common sense, paying attention to what her doctor says and things she the gym. Pay attention to your own doctor and his or her medical advice. Her hope with this article is that you will take control of your own health and well-being.