It’s National Pizza Week – Check Out These Local Deals
This week (Jan 12-17) is National Pizza Week. Yum. Like I really need a special week to order my favorite pizza. I could eat pizza every day and probably not get tired of it. Sure, I'd pack on an extra fifty pounds, but pizza is just so delicious that I don't think I would care about the extra weight.
A number of pizza restaurants are participating in National Pizza Week. According to Newsweek, here are some offerings:
- Blaze Pizza: I finally tried out Blaze Pizza last week, and OMG... their thin crust style pizza is awesome. The restaurant is kind of designed like a Subway, only it's pizza instead of sandwiches. Order from the menu or totally customize your pie, and watch them make it right in front of you. For National Pizza Week, you can take advantage of their Take Two deal and get a half pizza plus your choice of one side salad or four Dough Knots for $9.95
- Domino's: Domino's is offering two different specials this week. Get two of the following menu items for $5.99 each: Medium two-topping pizza, bread twists, salad, marbled cookie brownie, specialty chicken, oven-baked sandwich, stuffed cheesy bread, eight-piece boneless chicken or pasta in a dish.
Or, get the St. Jude Meal Deal for $19.99 and enjoy two medium one-topping pizzas, 16-piece parmesan bread bites, eight-piece cinnamon twists and a two-liter of Coke. A dollar from each purchase is donated to St. Jude Children's Hospital.
- Godfather's Pizza: Get $3 off on large pizzas and $4 off on jumbo pizzas. I always forget about Godfather's. Time to make a trip to the Heights for the lunch buffet one of these days.
- Little Caesar's: A favorite for Senior High students, busy parents, grabbing pizza's for the soccer team, etc., Little Caesar's is great when you are in a hurry and don't want to spend a fortune on a pizza. For National Pizza Week you can get their Hot-N-Ready "ExtraMostBestest" Thin Crust Pepperoni Pizza for $6.49—available from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time only. I tried that pizza a while back and honestly it was really good. Lots of cheese, lots of pepperoni and a very attractive price.
- Redneck Pizza: A proud sponsor of our Free Pizza Friday promotion, Redneck is offering $3 off any of their large specialty pizzas. Must mention online coupon when ordering. We just had Redneck Pizza at my house over the weekend. My favorite? The Carnivore. My wife loves their Taco pizza. We order a large, half-n-half and get the kids a cheese. Redneck also has delicious broasted chicken that is " marinated, hand breaded and pressure fried to make it crispy on the outside & juicy on the inside" and it's to die for.
If you know of any other specials happening this week at your favorite local pizza joint, let me know in the Comments. And go ahead... ditch your resolution to lose weight this year and order some pizza! You can always diet later.